Our mission is to create a loving, supportive and compassionate church community that renews and restores faith and hope to families and children who have special needs.
This Mass is dedicated to those with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families, caregivers, teachers and friends.
We invite the entire community who wants to participate, share their love and understanding that every person is an integral part of our parish family.
If you know of families who are not attending Mass because they feel a sense of isolation and disconnect please share this exciting news and invite them into St. Patrick’s Community.
What to expect when you attend this Mass:
- Welcome and acknowledge that individuals will make noises, talk and move around
- Individuals may need a “break” and step out
- Sensory-friendly environment: adaptations have been made in lighting and sound
The Special Needs Mass is held on Sundays at 5:00 p.m.
All are welcome and invited to this celebration of the Eucharist.
Special needs MASS ETIQUETTE
To better support our families during the Special Needs Mass, we ask for understanding, compassion, patience, physical space and acceptance of differences.
- The back entrance area of the church has been designated as a sensory friendly space. Please keep doors closed that lead to the main body of the church.
- We encourage individuals to bring headphones, wobble chairs, fidget toys or any other item that makes them more comfortable.
- We have RESERVED signs available for families and individuals needing more physical space in the pews.
- If you see a “RESERVED” sign, please respect the need of the family.
- If arriving late to Mass, please proceed quietly through the back entrance of the church into the main body of the church.
If you would like more information and/or are interested in being part of this ministry’s leadership team, please contact Brenda-Lee Kearney at 403-835-2749 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our video about this Mass right here.